Just back...Air France update

Sep 27th, 1997, 06:25 AM
Tony

Just back...Air France update

Just return from 3 glorious weeks and noticed the postings regarding Air France. This is a GREAT airline but a word of caution, book early. With the excellent fares, service, better seats, etc. it seems to be very full flights. We were not able to get our first choice of flights back to Chicago. To answer, someones previous inquiry, the smoking was no problem whatsoever. There was a separate curtained room with it's own ventilation system. Alas, smokers and non-smokers can unite in harmony. My sister-in-law was so happy she had somewhere to go to light-up. Great idea to keep everyone happy. Book early though.

Sep 27th, 1997, 11:23 AM
Donna

It was so kind of you to post an update to this hotly debated issue.

Sep 27th, 1997, 09:53 PM
RM

Thank you Tony for your update. We are booked for an Air France flight from LAX in November and also saved lots of $$. I would like to hear from airline personel regarding this hotly debated subject of the smoking vs. non-smoking flights. With separate ventilation systems, it would seem that this would not be an issue. My best friend is a flight attendant and she has often said the same thing...why aren't all airlines doing such a thing so as to accommodate all passengers or at least giving passengers a choice....it seems that all the U.S. airlines are going non-smoking and NOT giving any choice to smokers???? Don't get me wrong (I'm a non-smoker) and I don't want the smoke floating through-out the entire plane BUT; these little rooms you described seem to offer the best of both worlds, especially for couples where one may smoke and the other doesn't etc. Any airline personnel or maybe travel agents know the answer (just curious??) Tony, thanks for the thumbs up with regard to Air France. We're sure excited about our upcoming trip! Any airline personnel out there?

Sep 28th, 1997, 11:10 AM
Amy

My neighbors just returned on Air France and were pleased with the great fares. However, they did not like the placement of the smoking "room" in the cabin because it was located on the way to and from the restrooms. Can't please everyone!!

Sep 29th, 1997, 08:06 AM
Reggie

Petty, petty, I think the "smoking bars" are wonderful and did not interfere with going back and forth to the restroom. If not for the Air France non-stop from LAX, I would not have gotten my wife to go on a long overdue vacation. She was delighted that after a great dinner she had somewhere to go for her after dinner "dessert". Air France gets my vote! I hope they don't ever remove these little smoking rooms (separate ventilation no less) or I won't get her back to Europe for our 50th anniversary.