Jury's Christchurch in Dublin

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at Jury's Christchurch in Dublin? We are a family of four - they appear to be able to accomodate us in one room for 108 Euros/night.
Jurys Inn Christchurch is an excellent 3 star budget hotel located in the historic Christchurch area of Dublin City Centre. "Jurys Inn Christchurch is within
walking distance of Christchurch, Trinity College, Dublin Castle, Guinness Storehouse, Heuston Station and the many restaurants / bars in Dublin?s Temple
Bar area. " Is this a good area of town to stay in?
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:43 PM

Hi swissgirl,

I've recommended this Hotel a couple of times before on these pages. It's not the Ritz but it's pefectly acceptable & good value for money, particularly given the location - close enough to sights, shops & restaurants, but not slap bang in the middle of it.

I can't comment on your room as I haven't seen their family rooms but if you're happy with the rate I would say go for it.

Jim
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 12:52 AM

I've stayed there, it's great. Best price in the city, perfectly clean and corporate style hotel.

Try to get a room facing the street for the view - it's not very pretty looking over the back.

Also, if you're driving (it's unusual in that it has an attached parking lot - weird for UK & Eire), you're not guaranteed to have free parking, only like the first 60 people who check out get comp'd . . . it's 17euros otherwise (still cheap for Dublin).

Perfect walking distance to everything - lock in the rate. For lunchtimes check out:

http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/
and the cafe at
http://www.avoca.ie/map.shtml

Enjoy the craic !
HTH
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 05:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I've stayed there in May 2003. It is an average travel-type hotel. There's nothing remarkable about it, just standard, clean. Nothing that makes it an Irish experience, if that's what you are looking for. It's a good area, about 15 minute walk to Trinity College, longer to O'Connell Street. It's directly across from Christchurch Cathedral and near the back of Dublin Castle, if you have a map and want to see.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 08:29 PM

I stayed there once and thought the location was great! As has been mentioned, there is nothing particularly charming about it, but the rooms were nice and clean, and it's a very convenient area to be in.
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 10:03 AM

I've never stayed here, but walked past it often enough. It's a good location to stay and within walking distance of all the Dublin sights.
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everybody for the response. Location is what I am looking for... and clean. I do not need the true Irish experience... my parents are from Donegal... I grew up the Irish experience. While I have been to Ireland many times, I have never spent any time in Dublin. Afterwards, we head to Donegal to celebrate my father's 80th birthday, with lots of Irish charm!!! Should be good craic!