Jules verne vs Altitude 95 for the experience/view only

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming i make a reservation well in advance, is it worth the extra $$$ to go to Jules Verne over Altitude 95. It it is, I'm ok with that, just don't know. I'm not terribly concerned about the food for this choice, just think the experience of eating at the Eiffel Tower would be fun. Also, price aside, is the view better at night or in the day? Thanks for the help/advice.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:08 PM

We had a nice lunch at Altitude 95, with great views and a reasonable price.

Have not been to Jules Verne, but I might consider it on my next trip. Lunch, not dinner.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:15 PM

I thought lunch was really fun and really worth the money. It was one of those things you only do once so go for it! The views are great and the food was excellent. It just kept coming and coming and coming... It was a 3 hour affair and cost about $150.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:38 PM
rex

I thought it was worth it but that was 12 years ago. Dinner might easily top $250 now. Expensive view, so don't think of it as "just for the view". If the whole idea excites you, that's what you are pating for, I guess.

We enjoyed the night view. I have been to the top (not at JV) in the day. I think I like the night view better.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 05:44 PM

Can only vouch for Altitude 95. Had a wonderful experieince for dinner there in '99 to celebrate my travel companion's birthday. Booked over the internet for a table by the window at sunset. As the sun went down, the lights came on the monuments- a sight to behold. I loved that time of day as you can enjoy both the day and night views. We faced the Trocadero and truly relished our time there. Jules Verne is more gourmet, but so is the price.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 05:49 PM

I was there in 2002 where there were 6 of us for dinner at Altitude 95. The view was great, but we thought the service was fair. The waiters were the rudest we had seen on our trip. There was early bird specials about 50 euros a person. The view was good.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 05:55 PM

Jules Verne has a private elevator to the top, but when we went to Altitude 95, we had to stand in line with everyone else to ride the elevator up to the first level. Not knowing this and getting there only a few minutes before our reservation, I grabbed my wife, walked to the front of the line to see the attendant, told him my problem, and he let us cut in line to buy our ticket up to the first level. We got some nasty looks from those standing in line.

I think it's a free ride up the elevator to Jules Verne, but you know, in one way or another, you pay for everything.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 06:00 AM

We had dinner at Altitude 95 in March of 2001 and loved it. The views were amazing! The food was fine, not bad like we thought it might be. No problem with rudeness from waiters either...and we had our children with us. We made our reservations via email and they told us we did not have to wait in line for the elevator, to just tell the attendant we were dining at Altitude 95 and they would get us right up, which they did.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 10:12 AM
tod

In May 2001 I took my darling mother to Paris for her 80th birthday and we booked a Seine River cruise in the evening preceeded by dinner at Altitude 95. I was impressed by the food and although we did not have a window seat we had the marvellous company of people from Scotland, Germany, etc. and met a dear lady from Argentina who got completely tiddly! To repeat the delightful evening once more I am taking my dearest darling husband (or is he taking me?) to Altitude 95 in May this year - next month!!