Joan Grace - URGENT from Stu Dudley

Aug 16th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Joan Grace - URGENT from Stu Dudley

Joan
Someone just sent me an e-mail from your e-mail address, asking for money to be wired to London because you were robbed. Is this really you ???

Stu Dudley
Aug 16th, 2009, 06:52 AM

Stu, it sounds like a popular scam.
Aug 16th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Yep - the real Joan did a mass e-mail about 30 seconds after I posted this. Just as I suspected, the "scam" was not sent from her & she is not in London.

Better safe than sorry !!

Stu Dudley
Aug 16th, 2009, 07:20 AM

Hi,

Thanks Stu for posting this on here! It is all taken care of now. I have successfully created a new password with Yahoo.

This would not/should not have happened IF Yahoo had responded to what I sent to them days ago!

Had a problem for a bit with Yahoo this morning when trying to re-do password..said I was locked out for 24 hours..I could not have that happen..too many important things in the works now...Anyway, all seems to be OK now...thanks again, Stu!!

Joan
Aug 17th, 2009, 11:08 AM

Any idea how you received this virus? Just wondering because my Mother just sent me another one of her bogus e-mail warnings called beautiful life.
Aug 17th, 2009, 11:27 AM
LJ

And I just received an emergency request for money from a colleague, purporting to be in Greece and needing money...it also contained some photos of rather scantily clad girls, too (to capture my attention?)

All very funny, as my colleague is a)not in Greece b) not in need of money (or no more so than any of the rest of us)and d) openly gay man.

It was also a Yahoo thing...curious...
Mar 15th, 2010, 07:15 PM

Just received this from a dear friend so the scam is still going around. Very scary when you receive this from a "friend."
Mar 15th, 2010, 07:21 PM

That certainly would have been unnerving! we keep getting awful emails from various people on my sons baseball team that is all a scam!