Jerez horse festival

Mar 12th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Jerez horse festival

I am trying to find the daily (specific) calendar for the Feria del Caballo that takes place April 27-May 4. I can not arrive until 6pm on the 3d so I wonder if there is any program for the 4th - the last day. Or am I too late. I e-mailed the Andalucia and Jerez travel offices (in English) but got no reply.
Mar 12th, 2008, 02:47 PM

looking at last year´s program, at www.webjerez.es it seems the last two days were a special contest.

the "paseos a caballo" were every other day though.

it just might be winding down. i hope someone can help you more.

i could not find this year´s program in my short search. sorry.

in spanish

feria del caballo (horse fair).
Mar 12th, 2008, 03:33 PM

After the horse fair in Jerez finishes, normally there's another feria in Puerto de Santa Maria.

Check and see if you can find the dates for this fair. There's not as many horses but the lovely girls are dancing and the Sherries are everywhere.

Although the Jerez feria is open to a lot of the casetas, Puerto's feria is much more open to the people.

To me, the Puerto feria pleased me the most but I lived within walking distance.

Blackduff
Mar 12th, 2008, 05:18 PM

normamx,
I don't think the daily schedule is up yet and may not be until after Holy Week. I've checked www.turismojerez.com

The "casetas", or tents at the fairgrounds will probably be up until midnight on May 4. Last year there was only one equestrian event on the last day of the fair.

I would check the site above and the one that lincasanova gave you after Holy Week.

This year's Feria del Vino Fino in El Puerto de Santa María goes from
April 24-28.
www.elpuertodesntamaria.es

Mar 14th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. I did get an e-mail from the tourist office and they also said to wait until afyer Easter.

Mar 17th, 2008, 05:19 AM
car

I was there last year and the program for the last day (morning)or at least what I can remember was price awarding ceremony for the horse carriage competition and price winning award for horseman of the year.
All this happened infront of the main entrance of the feria, In the "Deposito de Sementales"

The activity in the "casetas" after lunch , declined rapidly and late afternoon must of them where closed.