Hello lovely fodorites!
It is that time again - time for our annual new years vacation and this year has us drinking and eating in Rome!
Now we have been to Rome before:
Once at the end of our 3.5 week honeymoon in 2003. We were tired and ready to head home and booked a B&B at Rei di Roma metro station - not ideal for walking and eating out at night! It was also Bikerscott's first time to Europe and let's just say that Rome was a bit 'intense' for him!
Second time was in 2007 when we spent a week in an apartment at Campo di Fiori with my parents, my brother, and Scott's parents. Never ever do this. Just dont. It was so stressful trying to make everyone happy that we didnt really enjoy Rome at all!
So when discussing where to go this year we decided to give Rome another chance and we hope to fall in love with it. We are trying to rectify all the mistakes of previous trips!
First, we have rented a lovely flat in Trastevere where we are hopefully surrounded by yummy food, and walking distance to sites: http://www.liveromelikearoman.com/index.htm
Second, we have a list of wine bars and deli places to pick up supplies for our week.
Thirdly, we have no agenda other than to eat great food, drink great wine and take photos. We have been to all the usual sites so only have reservations at Borghese Gallery and a local restaurant for New Year's Eve.
We would love to hear about any great restaurants or beloved places to buy food etc so please let us know if you have a favourite.
We head out Boxing Day - looking forward to sharing our travel journal and photos as we go!
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 4 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 5 Where to stay in Naples?
- 6 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 7 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 8 Driving
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 11 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 12 My France Vacation
- 13 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 14 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 15 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 16 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 17 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 18 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 19 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 20 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 21 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 22 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 23 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 24 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 25 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
Jamikins and BikerScott Hit Rome for New Year's 2011/2012
Hello lovely fodorites!