Reload this Page >

Jamaican Restaurants in Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:53 AM
jarule

Does anyone know of any Jamaican or other Caribbean restaurants in Rome or Florence? Will be there in March next year and would love to check them out. <BR>

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Alice Twain

I do not know in Florence, but in Rome there is a specific guide called "Pappamondo". The guide is in italian only and it is sold by the street vendors of the weekly magazine "Terre di mezzo" or in some bookshops, it lists all the "exotic" restaurants that you can find in Rome. There might be a similar guide (also called "Pappamondo") for Florence, but I am not sure of it. The book costs approx 7-8 euro (= 7-8 dollars).

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:15 AM
trollhunter

This has to be a troll. First Soul Food in Paris, then Jamaican in Rome? Next it will be Sushi restaurants in Prague and Mexican in Istanbul. Puh-leeze.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Ally

Acutually Jamaican food is wonderful IN JAMAICA!!! In Italy, Italian food is wonderful but not so hot in Jamaica.<BR><BR>You will enjoy your trip much more if you delve into the people and culture as much as you can. This includes eating as they do.<BR><BR>For some great tips on Jamaican restaurants, try the caribbean forum.<BR><BR>

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:42 AM
jarule

Hey Trollhunter, <BR>No need to be so sarcastic dude...I'm a Jamaican (who incidentally lives in Jamaica, Ally) and I own a restaurant. I'm always curious to find Jamaican or West Indian restaurants in the countries to which I travel. It's always interesting to me to see the many ways in which our traditional West Indian food can be prepared. <BR>Incidentally I have not seen the Soul Food question. <BR>

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:43 AM
jarule

Thanks Alice Twain. Will try to obtain a copy of that guide. <BR>

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 08:19 AM
michelle

topping

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 10:06 AM
JAGIRL

topping

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 11:59 AM
mimi

Great question!! Don't understand the snappy answers. I think it is fun to try all kinds of cuisine in diffent places. You would think that world travellers would know that no matter where you go, you can always find food indigenous to somewhere else, but some still haven't figured it out!

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 12:28 PM
jules

Jarule &amp; Jagirl,<BR>Since there are no replies, and I love JA food myself, I spent some time on Google searching for:<BR><BR>&quot;ristorante giamaicano&quot;. <BR>Nothing, except for a page from the Italian website of Hedonism in Negril. Right food, wrong country...<BR><BR>&quot;ristorante caraibico&quot;,<BR>Only four:<BR><BR>Ristorante Caraibico “Sabor Tropical” di Villardora (Torino)<BR>www.sabortropical.it <BR>Seems Venezuelan<BR><BR>Ristorante Marlin, in Sabaudia, between Rome &amp; Naples. <BR>There is indeed a curry dish on the menu. <BR>http://www.ristorantemarlin.it/<BR>Cuban<BR><BR>Exotic Gardens, in Milano. <BR>Cocktail bar with 130 types of rhum. I see &quot;Caribbean Fajitas&quot; with tequila (???).<BR>No website.<BR><BR>Los Hermanos de la Costa, in Milano. <BR>Looks like a pirate joint in Port Royal.<BR>www.loshermanosdelacosta.it<BR><BR>Lots of salsa, merengue etc.. but no real WI food.<BR>Sorry for the poor 'catch'. Perhaps someone at the JA Consulate in Rome can give you tips.<BR>Have a nice trip all the same. Maybe time open a branch over there?<BR>

Old Aug 26th, 2006, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone encountered any Jamaican or West Indian restaurants in Rome or Florence? I'm really curious.
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not in Rome or Florence, JAGIRL, but DH and I were surprised to run into one in Paris. We actually ate there just to see how true the food was. It did not dissapoint, either.