jaclynpoulson, are you there?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have your reserved your rooms for your May wedding? I cannot get through to Maria in Oia. How about you?
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 06:41 PM

Hi Akin -
No, I haven't got the reservations yet. I too am having trouble getting through. I first sent an email Jan. 1, and then just did again this morning. She was so quick to respond before ...
Please let me know if you hear from her, and I will do the same.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 06:51 PM

This is normal "downtime" for most of the hotels and other tourist businesses in the islands. It's not unusual for communications to take a very long time. Be patient, it'll happen eventually. Keep sending emails from time to time but don't expect an immediate response. Where is it you're trying to reach?
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 07:50 PM

Brotherlee -
Thanks for the reply. We were told that they were going to start taking reservations Jan. 1, so I think we both assumed they would be a bit quicker responding (as they were before) ... but, maybe not! It is Thea Studios in Oia. I will just keep my fingers crossed and keep sending the emails every now and then!
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 09:07 PM

Considering that most of the small boutique hotels shut down for the winter and the owners and managers go off-island to their "real" homes or go travelling themselves, it's not all that surprising that you haven't been contacted yet even if they said they'd start taking reservations Jan. 1. This is Greece we're talking about!!
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Good news is that no one else can get through. Thanks so much brotherleelove for the assurance. My "back-up" takes a non-refundable 20% deposit so I don't want to go that route. I will keep trying and post a success message to you, jaclynpoulson, when I do get through. I read this message board EVERY DAY, so if you get through let me know. Thanks so much!!!