Notices

Izmailovo Gamma-Delta Hotel Reviews

Old Apr 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Izmailovo Gamma-Delta Hotel Reviews

Looking for reviews of Izmailovo Gamma - Delta Hotel please and thank you.

What is the Izmailovo Market like? Is there an entrance fee?

Thanks
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 02:30 AM

Looking at this myself. Loads of info on the web (try google). Most of it positive. Downside seems to be that it is a long way from the centre. Upside, there is a metro stn close by and it's (relatively!) cheap.

But would also appreciate hearing from fodorites who have stayed there.
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:39 AM

Topping.

jenmakin - a week down the track and seeing as no other responses we must conclude that it's not Fodorite territory.

I think possibly because those that go to Russia go on pre-arranged tours or at least have an agent sort it all out for them, and do the 4 or 5 star thing.

I am doing my own thing and will probably stay at the Ismailovo Vega because it's cheaper. I'll be there in five weeks' time and will let you know how it goes.

Best wishes.
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:01 PM

Izmailovo Gamma/Delta is a large complex of tourist class hotels some distance from the city centre but very close to Partizenskaya metro. It will be OK to stay here if on a budget but there is not much to do in the evenings in this area. The area is not the most appealing, I've been there many many times over years and knew someone who rented office space in one of the hotels.

There is a very small entrance fee to the market, many like this market but I don't find it very interesting anymore, since it has declined in recent years but if you have never seen it before you might think it was good.
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:53 PM

I agree with Odin. This hotel complex is budget, and not very appealing, but given budget choices, may be your best bet. I urge you, if you have a choice, to consider a homestay. There is an organization called HOFA, which will arrange a homestay with an English speaker for you. You can get all levels of service - meals, walking tours, drivers, at reasonable rates. It is a great alternative to the huge hotel rates that one pays even at lousy hotels in Moscow.

About the Izmailovo market - It does have the widest variety of souvenirs, but not always the best prices. However, I think it's a kick to go there, especially to the part that's far back and up the stairs - more of a "flea market" - with some interesting variety.
Old May 13th, 2008, 03:32 AM

Hi Jenmakin
we too are going to be doing our own thing in russia next may/ june 09
i too have been researching the hotels and found them horrendously expensive for what youre getting
in my research i have seen some reviews indicating that Ism gamma delta was quite tatty and not central at all but was near a big market and had good security in place..apparently very hot and stuffy though
the alpha is apparently better
my friend who travelled there independently with hubby and kids urged me to seek accommodation as centrally as possible or at least to get to know the districts and not rely on some agents advice- the metro is not much fun after the first trip and i simply dont know how tourists get about because she. as a russian speaker, was totally flustered after being yelled at by a bully of a ticket officer ( big dont- mess -with- me- kinda -gal)
im finding it hard to get advice on any of the sites and im hoping to front up to a russian club somewhere and simply ask people who have been themselves
im not crazy about homestays - would prefer to be independent -feels kinda intrusive i think - both ways
the arbat hotel has great reviews and i rang a few weeks ago and spoke ot the girl at the desk - it was about 250 euros a night in may/ june( 9000 rubles)
from what i have seen on a dvd i really like the arbat area- interesting to explore after a day's touring when you dont want to venture far
we might just bite the bullet and cough up the big euros - it's not like we plan to go back in a hurry...but it's early days so we will still look at the possibility of an apt centrally located
have a look at www.allrussianhotels.com
would love to hear about your trip !