Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I've read "shops you have to revisit" but.....

Old May 8th, 2001, 08:24 AM
xxx

no shops are mentioned in places I will be or specifics are given on some of them. Anyone care to share any info. on shops in Berlin, Amsterdam, vienna, Budapest, prague. I am interested in anything from linens to cd's. Any information will be greatly appreciated!! Many thanks!!!!!

Old May 8th, 2001, 08:32 AM
kk

In Berlin you MUST go to the fantastic department store, KaDaWe on the Ku'damm. I believe it is the largest in Europe. Be sure to visit the food hall, which is as great as Harrod's in London. Be sure also to go to the top floor where the cafeteria is. Dine well and enjoy the views of the fabulously alive city of Berlin!~

In Prague, if anyone you know would like a puppet from you as a gift, walk off the Charles Bridge into the old city, and right away, on your right, will be a small shop that sells great puppets. Sorry, but I don't know the name and exact address, but perhaps someone else will.
Have a great trip, xxx.

Old May 8th, 2001, 08:35 AM
angie

I have heard of this shop that sells wonderful linens in Budapest. I am also interested for I will be in Budapestin June. I will get you the info. and post it for you asap.

Old May 8th, 2001, 12:55 PM
asdf

to the top

Old May 8th, 2001, 07:31 PM
Mary

How about shops in Turkey, and good places to buy rugs? Please, no answers from people with a vested interest in me buying!