Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   itineray help please (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/itineray-help-please-654142/)

matt109 Oct 21st, 2006 07:09 AM

itineray help please

I will be in Ireland at the end of April next year and just needed some help with my itineray. I have most of my stops planned but not sure on how much time to spend in each area. I have a few free days to so I was wondering where I should spend those. I fell like I might be spending to much time in some spots, but I do not to be in a rush either. Two other places I wanted to vistit was the Newgrange area and the Connemara, but not sure if I have enough time to do it. After day 9 I have no idea what to do till I head over to the Cliffs of Moher area. I will have a car so I will have no be no problem getting around will. Is it to far to drive to Dingle the first day? If it is then I would just goto Cashel first and Dingle thrid. Thanks for all the advice and help

Day 1 Arive in Shannon and Drive to Dingle

Day 2 Dingle

Day 3 Dingle

Day 4 Dingle / Drive to Kemare

Day 5 Kenmare

Day 6 Kenmare

Day 7 kenmare / Drive to Cashel

Day 8 Cashel

Day 9 Cashel / ?

Day 10 ?

Day 11 ?

Day 12 ?

Day 13 Cliffs of Moher Area

Day 14 Cliffs of Moher Area

Day 15 Go Home

chip Oct 21st, 2006 07:43 AM

I think that you have time to visit both...this would be easier if you fly into dublin and out of shannon (2 newgrange area, 1or2 cashel, 3 kenmare, 3 dingle, 1 doolin, 2or3 connemara, end in bunratty)

I think it is still doable in and out of shannon (3 dingle, 3 kenmare, 1or2 cashel, 2 newgrange area, 2or3 connemara, 2 bunratty/clare). this would be more driving in between.

wojazz3 Oct 23rd, 2006 09:49 AM

The way you have your trip planned it is entirely in the west so it would make little sense to go to the east coast just for Newgrange. I might also suggest something in the SW like Clonakilty or Kinsale, Mizen and Shhepshead area etc. Also, for Connemara, you could stay in or near Galway and see that. I would work it in to the begining or end.

Bill

juliaelzie Oct 23rd, 2006 10:01 AM

Flying into Dublin and out of Shannon or reverse is a great plan. There are many wonderful places to see along the trip. Definitely stop at the Irish National Stud Farm - it is a gorgeous, peaceful place, beautiful Japanese garden, the horses are amazing and in April, there will likely be foals that are only hours old. It would be a lovely leisurely stop on your way to/from Dublin.

Drive the Ring of Kerry in the reverse direction from the popular mindset. The roads are less crowded, especially if you start early.

Adare is a beautiful Irish town, maybe a bit touristy, but still worth the stop. Kenmare is simply lovely.

Again, in the touristy category, stop at Bunratty Castle near Limerick. It is a charming, silly, albeit touristy, but it was a lot of fun, especially Kathleen's special Irish night with dining, dancing and music.

Best Regards,
Julia

wojazz3 Oct 23rd, 2006 01:24 PM

Last I saw on another travel board, he has already booked his tickets.

Bill