Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Itinerary Suggestions for South of Spain and Portugal
Notices

Itinerary Suggestions for South of Spain and Portugal

Sep 2nd, 2014, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

Itinerary Suggestions for South of Spain and Portugal

Hey guys,

I am currently in Granada for another 2 nights. I am thinking of going to Malaga and/or Neja afterwards for a couple of days.

I want to make my way to Lisbon and I am wondering where should I stop along my way there?

I have heard about Aljezur and Lagos, I am looking for great beaches and food, preferably not too resort style, preferably beaches where I can still feel like I am in Spain or Portugal and not any beaches in the world because of tourists who have no interest in the culture of the country they are in, I am trying to avoid places that are like Cancun or Ibiza for instance.

I do not speak any Portuguese or Spanish, I do speak French and I have learned a few sentences in Spanish.

What would be your suggestions?
Sep 2nd, 2014, 07:18 AM

For fine, local food experiences:

In Nerja, I recommend local atmosphere La Puntilla for the freshest fish and seafood. As in almost all over Nerja, they've also got free tapas to choose with every glass of whatever in the bar. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur...Andalucia.html

In Málaga, I can recommend La Campana and El Cortijo de Pepe. Both typical Málaga places close to the central Plaza de la Constitución.
El Cortijo de Pepe: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur...Andalucia.html
La Campana: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur...Andalucia.html
Sep 5th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Thank you!
Sep 9th, 2014, 10:11 PM

Hi

In Portugal don't worry with the language - we speak English, Spanish and you can find people that speak french too.

From the to options you gave me (Lagos and Aljezur), Lagos is, by far, the most touristic. Aljezur is a ironic place: not overcrowded with tourists, but many of Aljezur's population is foreign, specially from Germany and North Europe (Denmark and Sweden).The beaches of Aljezur are breathtaking: try Amoreira (praia da Amoreira).

If you're coming from the south, all that coast is a Protected Coast (Vincentin Coast / Costa Vicentina), no resorts there, and you'll find some pristine beaches overthere. To eat, try one of this villages you'll find on you're way up: Odeceixe, Zambujeira do Mar, Vila Nova de Milfontes or Porto Côvo.

Search this Thread