My husband and I are traveling to Italy the first two weeks of Sept for a friends Wedding. It will be in Corvava (Dolmites) and they provide transportation after the wedding to Venice. We have already booked hotels in Florence, CT and Venice. (We go from Corvarva to Venice (just to catch transportation) to Florence to CT (1 night--free to stay somewhere) back to Venice).
We have one night where we need to find lodging as CT was booked. Are there any suggestions on a fun city to see for one night on the route from CT to Venice? I know the itinerary below isn't the greatest.. but that's where we are... If not, I suppose we will just go straight to Venice even though our current hotel doesn't have availability that night. Note: we plan to take trains, but don't mind renting a car if needed for the one day from CT to your suggestion (train then onto Venice).
Thanks for any suggestions!
August 31-Sept 5th—Corvarva
5th -Arrive in Florence (3 nights)
8th-- Arrive in CT (2 nights)
10th-- ?? (1 night)
11th - Arrive in Venice (3 nights)
14th- Leave Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Where to stay in Naples?
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 6 Portugal
- 7 Browsing Barcelona
- 8 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 9 land vs river cruise
- 10 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Croatia in mid/late October
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona
Itinerary Suggestion Needed One Night Stay b/w CT and Venice (not Florence)