Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Itinerary request-Paris & Switzerland from London in 4 nights (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/itinerary-request-paris-and-switzerland-from-london-in-4-nights-1001644/)

debojitk Jan 3rd, 2014 07:59 AM

Itinerary request-Paris & Switzerland from London in 4 nights

Hi,
I am currently based in London.
I want to travel to Paris and Switzerland during 13-16 feb, 2014.
Could u please suggest some suitable itinerary so that we can cover best places of these two countries in this time frame.

Hotel budget-100-130 gbp per night.
Night bus travel preferred.

Please help.

Thanks,
Debojit

msteacher Jan 3rd, 2014 08:17 AM

With 4 nights, I'd suggest that you just stick to Paris. Take the Eurostar from London. Loads of things to see and do in Paris for 4 days. The beauty of Switzerland is its mountains, which will be covered in skiers. Unless you are planning a ski trip (in which case you should spend all 4 nights in Switzerland), you should spend your 4 nights in Pais.

debojitk Jan 3rd, 2014 08:27 AM

Thanks for your suggestion.
But u know its Schengen visa that may be for very less days, that's why I'd like to cover both in same trip.
Can I complete by 5 days?

Gordon_R Jan 3rd, 2014 08:29 AM

You simply don't have enough time to travel to Switzerland via Paris and back by bus in 3 or 4 days. Stick to just Paris.

jamikins Jan 3rd, 2014 08:38 AM

I dont see how you would have time to see both in 4 days. You are not considering the travel time between the two. You would spend more time getting to and from places than actually seeing them. Pick 1 and actually see and enjoy it.

janisj Jan 3rd, 2014 08:57 AM

Go to Paris. Not only do you not have enough time for both, you may not have the budget for Switzerland. Ski season is very expensive there.

debojitk Jan 3rd, 2014 11:08 AM

Thanks all of you for your valuable inputs. Yes I also think that this will be too hectic.

In case I go only for Paris kindly suggest me an appropriate itinerary or things to do and see there.

Also suggest things do see in case I go for Switzerland alone for 4-5 days.

I'll be travelling with my family( wife n a 3 yr old boy).
Thanks ahead :)

Gretchen Jan 3rd, 2014 12:24 PM

Suggest you search here for a jillion suggestions and get a guide book to get some ideas.

debojitk Jan 30th, 2014 11:38 AM

hi all,

i have a change in plan.
My travel is starting on 16th April, and ending on 21st night.
I have to join ofc back on 22nd.
I can start on 15th evening also.
This time first i want to go to switzerland via air, two night there, then come to Paris, and from there to london via mega bus.

Could anyone please provide any suitable itinerary for my plan.
At this moment my plan is:
swit-2 nights
paris-3 nights

i can take the other way also
swit-3
paris-2

Please suggest what suits me best.

Thanks in advance.