Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Itinerary needed urgently Paris-Venice-Switzerland

Nov 16th, 2000, 01:42 AM
Rebecca

Hi people out there, i'll be travelling with my family on 10th December and i'm confused about what to do and where to go these few places. I hope someone out there could help me out and tell me what to de the first day i reached paris and so on. Thank you

Nov 16th, 2000, 05:25 AM
elaine

Rebecca
As is often said here, it is hard to know what to recommend without knowing how much time you will have in each place, what your group's interests and ages are, what your budget it, etc.
Have you picked up a good guidebook for each place to take with you? And what part of Switzerland will you be in?
If you've done some reading, which I hope you have, you must have some places to see in mind that made you choose those destinations. What appeals to you?
I have notes on Paris and on Venice; if you'd like me to send them, email me.

Nov 16th, 2000, 12:21 PM
Christina

If you have no idea what you want to do in these places, I would suggest you buy the Frommers guidebook to each place and let it tell you. The reason I say Frommers is because they do have a pretty good section in each guidebook (at least, in the ones that I've bought) that suggests the best things to see and what to do if you have one day, 3 days, 5 days, etc. I don't know of any other guidebook that does that and theirs are pretty good. Sorry I cannot recommend the sponsor's books, but the truth is that I do think Frommers guidebooks are superior. Perhaps some other guidebooks do this type of thing, also, but I can't recall one. Maybe even Fodors do, I haven't seen one of theirs in a long time, it is true--I know they list the main must-sees in each place, but I don't think they give you that kind of 1, 3, 5-day rundown itinerary.

Nov 16th, 2000, 12:29 PM
elaine

The Fodors guide to Paris also has suggested itineraries in the front of the book for 3 or 5 days; also some suggestions for seeing Paris with children.

Nov 21st, 2000, 10:42 PM
suzanne

That's an interesting combination of areas covering a lot of miles! As the other people said, it depends on how much time you have in each place. Also, do you have any idea where in Switzerland? Skiing? Cities? There's always lots to see & do; just depends on the available time & interest.