I am traveling to France late June-early July for a wedding in Provence. We have lodging set up for 5 days while in Provence and will be renting a car during that time. We have a 12 month old who will traveling with us. We have been to Paris several times already, I studied in Strasbourg and lived briefly in Rouen but most other areas are new to us. We are looking for ideas for 5 nights and are open to traveling elsewhere in Europe if it is affordable and manageable to do so. It would be preferable to go to one more location and base ourselves there. We love culture, food, art, beautiful villages, architecture, lakes, mountains, swimming/wading (but not too much beach).
We fly in and out of Paris to the US.
Areas I've thought of that would be nice to visit in France include: Nice, Lyon, and Annecy.
I would love some ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 2 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 3 Greece in end October
- 4 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 7 Le Marche Research Help
- 8 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 9 GTG Paris December 2017
- 10 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 11 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 12 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 13 Favorite London memories
- 14 10 Days in Austria
- 15 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 16 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 17 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 18 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 19 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 20 Norte Dame light show!
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Avignon
- 23 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 24 8 months around Europe
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?