Need some help on figuring out an itinerary. We (4 adults in 60's but active) will be disembarking from a river boat cruise in Chalon Sur Saone, France on Sept 14th and flying out of Geneva at 10:30 am Sept 18th. Because Chalon does not carry a large enough car rental we were going to take a train to Lyon and rent some type of SUV and drive towards the Geneva area, but then was advised to take a train from Chalon to Lyon to Geneva and pick up car there.
First of all, your thoughts on that. Then, where should we base ourselves and suggestions on day tours and where to stay. From what I've read in past threads, if we are going to the area, then staying on the lake is a must!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 2 Help with Venice Trip?
- 3 Dubrovnik
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 Norte Dame light show!
- 7 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 8 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 9 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 10 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 11 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 12 10 Days in Austria
- 13 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 Greece in end October
- 16 Champagne Tours
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 20 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Le Marche Research Help
- 23 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 24 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 25 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017