My fiance and I officially booked our flight to Italy for our honeymoon and I am looking for a few suggestion for the end of our trip. We will be flying into Venice from Chicago April 29th in the afternoon and leaving from Pisa on May 9th in the afternoon. Our tentative plan is to stay in Venice 2 nights then travel to Ferarra on the 1st where my sister will be living and stay with her for a few days. After that I would like to spend the rest of the time in Tuscany visiting hill towns, vineyards, and hot springs.
I am needing help with deciding where to stay for the last 5-6 days of our trip. I am wondering what specific hill town (and possibly recommendations of peoples favorite B&Bs, agriturismos, etc) would be a good base for exploring but close enough to Pisa for our flight home. We are interested in outdoor adventure, great views, hiking, biking, and yummy food! We are looking for a unique, relaxing, romantic Italian adventure!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 2 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 3 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 4 Wierd Europe map
- 5 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 6 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 7 Buchbinder Rental Car
- 8 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 9 Trains - website?
- 10 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 11 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 12 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 13 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 14 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 15 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 16 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 17 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 18 Transportation in Brittany
- 19 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 20 Paris Apartment
- 21 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 22 Milan airport--which one
- 23 Which Area in London?
- 24 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 25 Visit to France