Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Itinerary help for Berlin, Prague, and Budapest
Notices

Itinerary help for Berlin, Prague, and Budapest

Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Original Poster

Itinerary help for Berlin, Prague, and Budapest

We are looking to get an overview of Berlin, Prague, and Budapest in the Spring.

Our idea is 5 days in Berlin, 3 in Prague and 4 in Budapest. some of us have been to some of the places.

It looks like that will give us a nice overview of the cities since we only have 2 weeks and I am not sure we will get back to them.

I have been to Prague and Budapest but my DH has not. I went in 1991 with my father to see where he grew up. I know it has changed since then.

There is no more fine dining in Prague for a party of 4 for $11.

Thanks,

Teach 509
Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:59 PM
Original Poster

That was teach905. Sorry for the mishap.
Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:19 PM

Be sure to book your flight into Berlin and home from Budapest.

The train from Berlin to Prague takes 4:40 hrs, no need to change trains en route.

If you go to www.cd.cz/eshop/ (click on EN top right) you can look up the night train from Prague to Budapest - saves you a night in the hotel. There are various levels of comfort, including full privacy cabins.
Aug 22nd, 2013, 10:56 PM
kja

Looks good in general!

I'm not sure, though, how travel time works into your plans: Do your day counts include travel time? If not, you actually have less time in each place, and that might affect our feedback to you. Also, are you starting your journey in Europe or in a place from which you might experience jet lag, like from the U.S.?

Whether your proposed times are optimal depends on your answers to those questions as well as your interests and preferred travel pace. If you can tell us a bit more about what kinds of things you hope to see and experience in these cities, and the pace at which you prefer to travel, we'll be better positioned to respond.

Search this Thread