I intend to visit Slovenia during Aug end this year . Now I will be coming from Salzburg (as I have planned some of Austria Lakes) . Now, Salzburg -Ljubljana , the most convenient train time without change get me to Ljubljana at 18:30. So I spend 2 N in Ljubljana. Below is my rough itinerary on which I need your suggestions how to go about /sequence /no.of days allocated. Plz note I will be entirely dependent on Public Transport (bus/trains) .
Day 1-2 - Ljubljana
Day 3-4 - Bled -Bohinj - I prefer short hikes , any specific trails to follow here ..
Day 5-6 - Around Soca River/Bovec - (Any suggestions on accommodation/day hikes/guides/farmstays ) ...
Day 7 - Logarska Dolina -
Day 8 - Ljubljana to Istria OR back home (not decided yet )
Any other places in Slovenia that I must add.. I also wanted to visit Kamnik ...
I would also like to know if clubbing Austria & Slovenia is not really practical (primarily due to logistics) and if I should rather consider Slovenia + Croatia ..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self Drive UK tour
- 2 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 3 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 4 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 5 Airport Transfer
- 6 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 7 Rail vs. Plane
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 Where to See Flamenco
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 Arezzo - how much time?
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 2 week May trip with kids
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 20 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 21 New Years in France
- 22 Easter Week in Italy
- 23 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 24 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 25 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help