Hoping to take my mum (she's 65, I'm 32) to the UK in August / September this year. I have been twice but haven't seen Ireland, Wales or much of Scotland. I am more interested in tours, sightseeing and plays than adventure and nightlife.
I was thinking of hiring a car and driving up to Scotland through middle, then down to Wales through Lakes District, getting Ferry over to Dublin from Wales and then coming back via South West England.
I have seen Oxford, Cambridge, Stratford, Salisbury, York, Bath before and was hoping not to double up too much unless there is something particular mum wants to see. I've come across Driftwood Tours in Ireland and I'm thinking of doing a 5-7 day guided tour with them.
Mum is fairly active and will be able to walk for several hours each day as long as we take a nice break every few days. We will be staying in pub / hotel accommodation.
We have a budget of AUD $11k (excluding airfares) for both of us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 3 Help with Venice Trip?
- 4 10 Days in Austria
- 5 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 6 Le Marche Research Help
- 7 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 8 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 9 Greece in end October
- 10 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 GTG Paris December 2017
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 16 Favorite London memories
- 17 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 18 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 21 Norte Dame light show!
- 22 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 23 Avignon
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 8 months around Europe