Search

Itinerary for trip to Cinque Terre, Corsica, and Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2018, 09:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Itinerary for trip to Cinque Terre, Corsica, and Barcelona

Hello -----

I am planning a trip for the first week in June and I'd like to see if I can get some opinions as to my proposed itinerary and how tough anyone thinks it may be. I am traveling alone and in stellar physical condition.

Fly From Washington DC to Pisa Italy

Stay in Pisa for 2 full days/3 nights --- with the solo objective of making day trips and seeing Cinque Terre.

Take the ferry from Livorno to Bastia Corsica and tour the Island by rental car for 6 nights/5 Days, with main objective of visiting Calvi / St Florent coastal area, Corte and Ajaccio

Fly from Pisa to Barcelona and spend 2 to 3 days and /or nights in Barcelona, with the solo objective of visiting a friend who lives there. I spent 11 days in Barcelona in 2016, so I've spent ample time exploring the city.

Total travel time 12 to 13 days

I believe the fact that traveling solo makes this easily doable - but I'd like to hear what others think.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 31st, 2018, 09:14 PM
kja

Personally, I wouldn't day trip to the Cinque Terre in high season -- it is MUCH too crowded then. If you are intent upon seeing the Cinque Terre, stay overnight so you at least have some time without the masses.
Old Apr 1st, 2018, 03:05 AM

I suppose you know that there are direct fllights from Bastia dp 18.15 to Barcelona ar 19.40 every Saturday.
Cheap flights, hotel deals, rental car | vueling.com
Once at Bonifacio/Bunifaziu you could also drop off your rental car there, cross by local ferry to Santa Teresa (Sardinia) and by local bus (6times daily) to Olbia.
ARST - Orari
flights from Olbia to Barcelona are almost daily.

As a alternative, you could go by bus from Sta Teresa to Sassari (6 buses daily) and fly to BCN from Alghero (flights every Wednesday and Sunday) to BCN or take the ferry from Porto Tores to Barcelona
https://www.grimaldi-lines.com/en/ta...rres-barcelona

Flights from Bastia, Ajaccio and Calvi to Nice and from Nice to Barcelona are daily
Ferries from Corsica to Nice and Toulon: https://www.corsica-ferries.co.uk/?_...471.1516381676
Old Apr 1st, 2018, 03:52 AM

I think after one day trip from Pisa to the Cinque Terre you're going to realize the folly of that idea, solo traveler or not.
Old Apr 1st, 2018, 08:04 AM

Don't think OP means do more than one day trip Pisa to CT but to other places too like Lucca or maybe Florence.
Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 01:31 PM

And yes it all seems easily doable. What other day trips from Pisa are you contemplating?

Lucca, Siena, Florence, Bologna and more wonderful places are an short train or bus shot away.