I know that this question pops up all the time. I’ve tried to plan my trip to Italy by myself (which I usually do without problems) but this time after few travel guide books I’m lost. There is another reason. I haven’t been to EU 25 years and I cannot use my traveler’s experience because I don’t sense EU mentality and culture. Is it possible that somebody will help me to plan this trip or just give me some pointers?
I will travel with family 2+2 (11 and 20). Wing to Venice on August 25, 12 and return from Rome on Sept 12. (19 days). I already made a reservation for 2 nights (Aug 25, 26) in Venice and rented a car for Aug 27. The rest is open. I would like to visit major tourist attractions, explore Tuscany (rent a condo, BB, hotel?...use it as a base to see Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Cinque Terre on one day trips?). It will be nice to go as far as Naples and Pompeii. Return to Rome for 2-3 nights and fly home. Thanks in advance for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 2 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 3 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 4 Which Aran Island??
- 5 Spain in 2018
- 6 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 7 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 8 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 9 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 10 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 11 Barcelona to Malaga
- 12 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 13 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 16 Rent in Rome
- 17 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 18 Rome Hotel
- 19 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 20 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 21 Moscow Hotels
- 22 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 23 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 24 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 25 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?