My family and I will spend 2 weeks in Germany and Austria on holiday and the intention is to mix sightseeing with a bit of activity such as biking, walking etc. The itinerary is as follows:
27 April 2013 - 0600 Hrs arrival in Munich after a 8.5 hour transcontinental flight
Hire a car at the airport and drive to Salzburg.
27 - 30 April: Salzburg (3 nights)
30 April - 2 May: Innsbruck (2 nights)
2 May - 5 May: Hagnau am Bodensee (3 nights)
5 - 7 May: Freiburg + Europa Park (2 nights)
7 - 11 May : Munich (4 nights)
11 May - depart from Munich
On the drive between Innsbruck - Hagnau, we plan to see Neuschwanstein Castle. On the drive from Freiburg to Munich, we plan to see Dachau. Other than this all other sightseeing will be done in the respective ciites (including bike tours). We will be driving between the cities and using public transport within the cities.
How does the itinerary sound? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Venice Trip?
- 2 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 3 10 Days in Austria
- 4 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 5 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 8 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 9 Le Marche Research Help
- 10 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Greece in end October
- 13 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 17 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 18 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 19 Favorite London memories
- 20 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 23 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
Itinerary critique please! 14 day trip to Germany and Austria