Me and two of my sisters wanted to experience Oktoberfest so we booked a trip- arriving in Munich the morning of September 26th and departing from Munich at 3pm on October 5th. We plan to explore Munich on the 26th and then do Oktoberfest on the 27th. We're now trying to decide where to travel to on the 28th. Some options we've discussed are Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Budapest, and Berlin. We want to narrow it down to two cities as we don't want to bite off more than we can chew. Ideally, we'd like to travel back to Munich the morning of our flight home to give us a 6 full days to explore. We're also open to overnight trains to maximize our time in each city.
For reference, I'm a 28 year old male and my two sisters will be 26 and 24. This will be the first continental European trip for me and one of my sisters but the other sister studied abroad in London and saw much of western Europe which is why we're focusing on the cities we chose. We enjoy going out but that will be taken care of at Oktoberfest so we're more focused on seeing/doing as much as we can in the other cities we travel to.
Prague seems to be the frontrunner right now but upon doing some initial research we've seen sone mixed reviews. Any advice or pros and cons on the cities we mentioned would be much appreciated as we attempt to pull together our itinerary.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 OUTLOOK Password reset Contact 1800~681:7208 OUTLOOK Tec*h supp0rt care
- 2 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 3 2 week May trip with kids
- 4 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 5 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 6 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 7 Rail vs. Plane
- 8 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 9 Arezzo - how much time?
- 10 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 11 Sleep at Heathrow
- 12 9 day trip to France
- 13 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 14 Where to See Flamenco
- 15 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 16 Keukenhaf
- 17 Netherlands- Texel
- 18 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 19 ICELAND : EAST & NORTH
- 20 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 21 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 22 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 23 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 24 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 25 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)