Hoping to receive some travel advice or tips for planning my upcoming Honeymoon to Europe in Sept or October of 2015. We definitely want to see Paris, Germany, Italy and try to squeeze in some WW2 history, hiking, castles, romance and beer drinking!
We have 12-14 days.
Here is what I have outlined so far but would love input on whether you foresee any issues with trying to fit this all in or if I'm misallocating our time by the cities or missing anything major?
1 Day - Fly to Paris & either stay there or continue to Normandy (no specific plans)
1 Day - Normandy (WW2 tours of the beaches, cemetary, etc)
2 Days - Paris (Eiffel Tower, Museum, Versailles) - Is this enough time?
1 Day - Heidelberg/Landenburg - Is this too much time for these cities? Would like to stay in a castle during the trip so had found Hotel Burg Colmberg, is this a nice castle hotel?
1 Day - Rothenberg (explore town & spend the night here for the full experience) - Is this too much time or worth spending the night here vs. combining into 1 day with Heidelberg?
3 Days/Nights - Munich (Nymphenburg Palace, Andechs Monastery Brewery, Neuschwenstein Castle, Hofbraus Haus)
1 Day - Milan (Duomo)
2 Days - Lake Como - Not sure which town to stay at... Como, Veranna, Bellagio??
1 Day - Zurich
1 Day - Fly home from Zurich
Most of our travel will hopefully be done by train with 1 flight between Munich & Milan. Does this seem doable?
If we didn't head to Lake Como after Munich, where else would you recommend in Italy for 2-3 days?
Thank you all for the input!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 3MMC,zolpidem-Weed,MDMA,LSD,Nembutal,Coke
- 3 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 4 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 5 Spain in 2018
- 6 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 7 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 8 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 9 First time in Spain
- 10 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 11 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 12 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 13 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 14 Barcelona to Malaga
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 19 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.
- 20 beware of robbed in Milan
- 21 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 22 Which Area in London?
- 23 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 24 Barcelona - Rome Viking Ocean Cruise
- 25 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
Itinerary Advice: Paris, Rothenberg, Munich, Lake Como, Zurich