I am traveling to the UK in July on my own, and I'm trying to decide what I should actually do. I was wondering if I could have some assistance in coming up with a tentative itnerary.
I have 20 days in the UK (Not long enough I know!) in total. I will be spending 2-3 days with some family friends at the beginning of my trip. They basically live in the London area and will probably show me around a bit and take me to a few places.
I'm also hoping to see some distant relatives, although I haven't sorted anything out with them yet.
So that will leave me with 12-16 days "free".. and I have no real idea where to go.
I had a look at some tours today, but they seem very busy, so I'm leaning towards doing my own thing instead.
I would rather take my time and see things properly, as opposed to cramming in as much as possible. The thought is to travel by rail.
So with this information, could somebody with more knowledge than I assist with helping me choose some destinations? I would like to stop by Wales and/or Scotland if at all possible.
I do realise there's a lot I won't be able to see, and I won't even try.
Thank you very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 2 Le Marche Research Help
- 3 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 4 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 Greece in end October
- 7 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 12 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 13 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 14 Favorite London memories
- 15 10 Days in Austria
- 16 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 17 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 18 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 19 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 20 Norte Dame light show!
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Avignon
- 23 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 24 8 months around Europe
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?