I've really enjoyed reading all of your comments as I've tried to put together an itinerary for our first European holiday. I'd really appreciate any feedback, suggestions or ideas you can give about my first draft plan as below.
From Perth, Australia for 4 weeks
Rome 5 nights
Florence 4 nights - visit Lucca, Sienna
Munich 4 nights - Salzberg and Dachau trips
Prague - 3 nights
Berlin - 4 nights
Paris - 6 nights - Villers-Bretonneux, Versailles
We're leaving Spain, Greece, Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland until another trip as we are trying to avoid over planning. It's obviously an exercise in making difficult choices as I'd really love to go everywhere! We have been to London and Dublin in recent years so have deliberately left off UK this time.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions or tips you may have and any comment on this plan.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 2 Rent in Rome
- 3 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 4 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 5 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 6 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 9 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 10 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 11 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 12 New Years in France
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 15 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 16 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 17 Hip Pocket Wifi
- 18 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 19 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 22 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 23 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 24 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 25 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!