ITIC and French museums

Search

ITIC and French museums

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ITIC and French museums

Hi. I've heard that many French museums are free for teachers. Does anyone know if this is true? Which museums are included? Louvre for example?
I'm thinking about getting an ITIC card and this information would be very useful.
Thanks!
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 09:43 AM

I have a suspicion you have heard that school children in a group and their teachers are admitted free. I have never heard that teachers get a free pass on their own but have seen many school groups ushered in with no tickets.
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 11:07 AM

I've never heard that teachers from anywhere get free entry to any French museum, but perhaps some teachers with experience will say. The entry regulations are on the Louvre web site, you can read them. It doesn't say that teachers are admitted free. As I recall (and you can check), it says that teachers from France are admitted free if they teach in an area related to the museum (ie, art history or something). There is no reason they would admit a business administration teacher from the US free, for example.
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 11:11 AM

I think I was remembering something in relation to student being admitted free if they are students in a French school (espace adhesion) -- assuming they do not fall under the young age criteria.

However, the teacher free admission does say they have to have some proof of what they teach (art history, studio arts, etc, are what they want), but doesn't say they must be teaching in a French school.
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 11:43 AM

My Canadian faculty card get me free in Le Louvre et le musée d'Orsay.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 04:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the data. It was a teachers card with your photo? Are you an arts teacher or something similar?