We are trying to plan a two week trip. Since my kids finish history with the fall of the Roman Empire this year, we thought it would be great to plan a trip to see some of those places (Coliseum, Acropolis, etc...) and a bit of a vacation as well. Thinking of Rome & southern Italy, plus a day or two in Athens, plus a few days on a Greek island.
Early June, so it is the height of tourist season, but we have to work around school...
1) any recos for "must sees" in that region of Italy
2) best Greek island? Would like to avoid Santorini, given the height of tourist season
3) any other tidbits of advice, places to avoid, etc...
this is our first time to both places. While I would love to see more of Italy, and the Greek islands trying to be reasonable with time. Kids will be 12 & 9 at time of trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport Transfer
- 2 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 3 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 4 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 5 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 6 Which Aran Island??
- 7 Easter Week in Italy
- 8 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 9 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 10 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 11 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 12 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 13 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 14 Moscow Hotels
- 15 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 16 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Dublin to Donegal
- 19 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 20 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 21 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 22 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 23 Barcelona tour option help please
- 24 New Years in France
- 25 Greece -- Alternative to Athens