Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Paris

Search

Where to stay in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 12:23 PM
bob

Where to stay in Paris

Need advice on where to stay in Paris. Don't need first class but would like a nice place in either the 6th or 5th arr. Have heard there are neat places to stay on the isle where Notre Dame is. Any good advice ? Thx.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 12:40 PM
Karen Cooke

'Opera' is a good location to stay. It is good for shopping as Blvd Hausmann is there, which is the main shopping strip. The metro at 'Opera' also will bring you to most of the tourist sights. <BR>P.S. Bring lots of money as Paris is expensive. <BR>

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Deena

My favorite area to stay in is the 6th arr. (St. Germaine). Love the Hotel Relais St. Sulpice. I've stayed at five other hotels in Paris and this was a lovely little gem. Hotel was charming, the location superb, and the staff great. You may also want to do a search here on the forum using the words 'paris hotels'. You will read lots of postings on hotel recommendations. Have a wonderful trip!

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 12:56 PM
Rex

Nice little love note "to" (and about) Relais Saint Sulpice on this NY times web page: <BR> <BR>http://www.nytimes.com/library/magaz...tra-paris.html <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 12:58 PM
Judy

Bob- <BR>I was JUST in your situation trying to decide which arrs. and which hotel. Try out these helpful sites, which also have reviews: <BR>smallandeleganthotels.com <BR>france-hotel-guide.com <BR>hotelboulevard.com <BR>parishotels.com <BR> <BR>Good luck!

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 01:33 PM
Kelly

It's not in the 5th or 6th but nicely located in the 2nd: Timhotel Palais Royale. Timhotel has a website. That is where our family stayed every time they came to visit us while we were living in Paris. A great location and quiet, but close to everything (2 min walk to the Louvre). There are at least 5 very nice restaurants within 500 yards. If you go there, ask for directions to Rue Montorgeuil, a charming market street nearby, and get all your snacks from the vendors there. You can buy a fresh baguette and some wonderful cheese or butter and take it back to the Palais Royale to sit and do some people watching. This hotel fits your description (not first class but nice). Wherever you stay, have a great trip!!