My name is Santosh. My wife and I (both in our early 30s) will be traveling to Italy for couple of weeks around mid to late May 2015.
One of the main reasons for choosing Italy is my love for its cuisine (I'm also a decent cook when it comes to Italian, so yes, a short cooking class would be awesome).
Now, we are determined to stay off the typical first time trail. No Florence, Venice, etc. We are planning to fly in and out of Rome (more cause of budgetary considerations, we're flying from India btw). We also like to take things easy, i.e. we'd rather skip places than try to jam too many things in.
I'm thinking couple of days in Rome followed by a good 8 odd days in Sicily (I love how they call it chi-chilia). I would totally appreciate any advice on best places to visit/things to do there. Not too crazy about ruins but if on the way then by all means we'd love to check it out.
Also, while anything goes for me, my wife's a vegetarian, how much of a problem is it going to be?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days in Andalusia
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 5 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 6 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 7 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 8 South of France
- 9 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 10 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 11 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 14 Help with Spain itinerary
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 19 paris to london- day trip
- 20 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 21 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 22 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 23 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 24 Family vacation
- 25 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence