I am traveling with my family to italy this summer, and they've obviously have left the planning up to the oldest daughter (we are a family of 5). We are there for a total of 7 nights so was thinking to do this. Please let me know if you think this is a good trip, any changes, advice is VERY necessary so please fill me in.
We get there the first day.. land in Rome.. thinking of renting a car from the airport.. then driving to Tuscany (but have no idea where) We have been to Florence.. so we want somewhere beautiful with castles, vineyards, rolling hills.. what town and where should we stay in? My dad wants to stay in nice places.. so a little more luxury.. any vineyards you know of or castles or hotels would be great.. How many nights should we stay here? then I wanted to drive to cinque terre.. but I heard you do not need to stay here.. it's more affordable to stay outside of the city?? Then just enjoy the days there.. Then we anted to go to Portofino.. then drive to Como and leave the car there and fly or take the train back to Rome?? Does this make sense at all..
soo I was thinking
1) 1 night tuscany
2) 2 nights around cinque terre.. this way we could do portofino and cinnque terre together ..
3) 2 nights around lake como
4) 2 nights rome..
How far is the drive from rome to tuscany then tuscany to cinque terre then cinque terre to portofino then portofino to lake como.. (where should we stay around lake como)
also is it possible to leave the car there and fly back is this a good idea? HELP!!!! Please let me know where we should stay in all places and if this at all sounds like a good idea.. Thanks soooooo much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 2 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 5 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 8 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 9 paris to london- day trip
- 10 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 11 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 12 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 13 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 14 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 15 Family vacation
- 16 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 17 South of France
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Tips for first trip to UK
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 which language school in Italy?
- 22 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 23 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 24 GTG Paris December 2017
- 25 Dubrovnik
Italy (Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Lake Como and Rome)