I will be traveling to Italy for the first time either by myself or with my best friend (not sure if she can do it) in early April 2014 or late April 2014. Nothing has been booked yet but here is my tentative schedule:
Fly into Bologna or another city (Milan, Venice or Rome) and take the train into Bologna. Relax and recoup from jet lag.
2 nights in Bologna. Take the train from Bologna to Venice.
3 nights in Venice. Take the train from Venice to Florence.
3 nights in Florence. Thinking about taking the train from Florence to Orvieto/Narni before heading to Rome for some relaxation.
2 or 3 nights in Orvieto/Narni Region. Train from Orvieto to Rome.
4 nights in Rome. Fly home from Rome to Chicago, I have researched places to stay at and sites to see in each major city but nothing is set in stone yet.
Should I add another night in Bologna and only stay in Orvieto/Narni for 2 nights? Any suggestions on places to see, eat, stay in Bologna and/or Orvieto/Narni? Is my schedule for the main cities enough for the first time visiting or should I add more time there?
Never traveled to Europe and/or by myself more than a day. Very excited about this trip as well as nervous if I have to travel alone.
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 aol 1800 : 681 : 7208 installations CONTACT aol Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 3 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 4 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 5 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 6 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 7 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 tinnitus
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 13 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 14 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 15 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 16 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 17 London vacation rental agency
- 18 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 19 Scotland ideas
- 20 land vs river cruise
- 21 The World's Greatest Churches
- 22 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 23 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 24 Trans Siberian Train
- 25 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!