Have been on the Le Frecce section of the Trenitalia web site, looking for mini fares for 2 routes in May.
1. Venice to Bologna: there are a few of the 9 eu mini fares, trip time 1 1/2 hrs on the Frecciargento. There are also 9 eu fares with trip time of 2 hrs on the Intercity. If I didn't care about the extra half hour, and that departure time worked better for us, any reason not to do Intercity?
2. Bologna to Rome, 3 days later: Can't find any 9 eu mini fares on the fast trains- and the fares are mostly 39 eu and 49 eu, with just a few 29 eu sprinkled about. Why so far ahead, are the tickets so much? And why no 9 eu mini fares at all? (Not counting the Intercity 4 hr train.) Hard to believe that there were the 9 eu tickets and they're all gone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.drozhealthblog.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 4 Visit to France
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 Which Area in London?
- 7 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 8 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 9 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 10 family trip to Germany and more
- 11 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 12 Trains - website?
- 13 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 14 Paris Apartment
- 15 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 16 Barcelona to Malaga
- 17 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 18 Milan airport--which one
- 19 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 22 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 23 1st time to Europe
- 24 Paris November 2017
- 25 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?