italy/switzerland

Jan 20th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

italy/switzerland

Hi,

I have about two weeks in Europe in May. Say about 15-16 days. First time. I want to see Italy for sure. I really want to see a few other countries because I do not know when we'll be coming back. Given this, can you please suggest how I can do a Switzerland/Rome/Venice/Florence squeeze? In fact I would like to see 1 day pompeii, 1 day Capri also if possible. I do not want to do Italy/Paris yet because I want to mix n match art with scenery. Has anyone does this in 15-16 days before?? Would love your guidance! Any tour package info on this would be appreciated as well! thanks so much.
Jan 20th, 2004, 11:03 AM

A few years ago I did this trip in 11 days but did not spend much time in Switzerland. Here was my itenirary.
Day 1- Arrive in Zurich
Day 2-Drive Zurich to Florence
Day 3-Florence
Day 4-Florence
Day 5-Drive Florence-Pisa-Rome
Day 6,7-Rome
Day 8- Drive Rome-Padua
Day 9- Venice
Day 10-Drive Venice-Zurich
Day 11-Fly Home
Jan 20th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

okay so it's doable I guess. The thing is what do I see in Switzerland - I want a little of the castles, the view of the alps..like i know salszburg(altho it's in austria) has some beautiful hills/castles right? So if i were to land in Naples work my way up through rome, fl, ven, milan and then take the train into lugano..?? or to zurich, innsbruck?? or salzburg - geneva worth it? Just not sure where else in Switzerland would be the best for say the last 3 days. Anyone else? Thanks!
Jan 20th, 2004, 12:57 PM

Interlaken and Grindlewald in Switzerland are amazingly beautiful. Interlaken being more of a major town, Grindlewald could just be a day trip from there.

Innsbruck, imo, was not near as beautiful as interlaken/switzerland, but i think is a good choice if you are into skiing/snowbaording. i was there in may, and there were people skiing.

Salzburg is also beautiful. Well worth it if you have time, but I still favor Interlaken to it, if you have to choose.
Jan 20th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Original Poster

awesome thanks! So does anyone then know from Milan how would I proceed to Interlaken, Grindlewald, Salzburg, and perhaps Zurich for a total of 3 days? Where shoujdl I go from Milan first - train to lugano first? zurich next? is lugano in zurich? then train to interlaken , day trip to grindlewald, next day train to salszburg? 1 day in salzburg?
Jan 20th, 2004, 05:50 PM

Stop! You're making me dizzy! Do you ever sleep?
Jan 20th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Original Poster

i need constructive feedback..i'm lost on the timings from milan and into switzerland for 3 days.anyone else's feedback would be awesome.thanks again.
Jan 21st, 2004, 04:21 AM

First, get a good map of Europe so you can see where all these places are.

Seocnd, look them up at the top of the page to get an idea of which ones you might want to see.

Third, list what youvwant to do in each place - hike in the mountains, visit a church or museum etc - so you have some idea how long you want to be there.

Fourth, put together a draft itineray and post it here. Lots of people will be happy to provide perspective - but you need to do some research/thinking first.
Jan 21st, 2004, 04:40 AM
ira

Hi trav,

You can have a nice trip to Rome/Forence/Venice in 2 weeks.

I suggest you focus on that and leave Switzerland for another trip.