Search

Italy. Road Trip 15 days

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Italy. Road Trip 15 days

hi there!!!!
we are so excited we are going to Italy next month for 15 days!!! we are planning to rent a campervan and then hit the road!!! however, we don't have any plans so far... so we are open to all suggestions!!! we would love to see/visit as much as possible from this country as its our first time there and want to do the most of our time.
Thanks a lot in advance guys!
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 04:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok, so you are flying into where? Finally flying out of? Do you have campervan booked or do you need to buy one off an Oz down on his luck?

In July. You know this is one long thin country

What do you like doing, art, food, wine, golf, balloning, sailing? A clue never offends
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

true, sorry... we're flying into and out of Milan and havent booked anything yet (as for the campervan refers to) still looking for bargains!
we are quite into culture, but dont want to visit every single museum, if you know what I mean... anything related to sports would be great... ahm... maybe some wine tasting could be good... does this help a little bit? hope so... cheers mate!
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 10:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Italy has mountinious spine and the alps in the North so thhink about coast trips or mountain trips. Cities do exist but not great for cars let alone camper vans. Milan very good for cars and has a great duomo and michealangelo museum (and football club) Near by also Bergamo (worth a day) plus a few other old cities.

Italy is one of the worlds top 3 wine producers by vol or quality so no worries you will hit some.

You need to research camping sites as I know nothing. But given your time limits I might limit myself to the North. Hit Venice, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Pisa, Lucca but stay out of the big cities at night and try the villages and old towns
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 12:08 AM

Most Italian cities have campervan parks quite close by, with public transportation available into the center of town. So if you want to see cities like Milan or Rome or go to sports events there, you can find a park. There is no reason not to go into the cities at night so long as you know the bus schedules. Most villages in Italy cannot accommodate camper vans.

There are some places where driving a camper van will be stressful or impossible, but they are easily avoided without sacrificing anything that any visitor comes to Italy to enjoy.

Campervan parks near famous places fill up quickly in summer. So book ahead.

But first figure out what you want to see and do in Italy. It may turn out that what you want is more enjoyably done by train, or car.
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 01:20 AM

15 days are sure not so much to visit Italy so i advice you to choose a zone and go around that zone or you'll risk to get lost trying to see the most possible in 2 weeks.
You could remain in the norht, going in liguria ( 5 terre that is surely a great amazing zone),then moving to the north of tuscany.At least could go upper in veneto and visit most of it.