My husband and I are traveling to Italy for the first time, and it would be great to get a little feedback on our itinerary.
Feb 12: Arrive in Rome (~11am)
Feb 13: Rome (Coloseum, Forum, etc)
Feb 14: Rome (Vatican City)
Feb 15: Day trip to Pompeii via Naples
Feb 16: Train to Florence (Santa Croce)
Feb 17: Florence (Uffizi, Accademia)
Feb 18: Day trip to Pisa & Siena OR tour that would hit Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano
Feb 19: Train to Venice
Feb 20: Venice
Feb 21: Depart for US
We know that Pompeii will be a long day, but I think I'd really regret not going. I was a classical archaeology minor in college.
I'm pretty unsure about the day trip from Florence. We found a tour for about 100 Euro/pp, but we're open to doing pretty much anything. We decided to take the day out of town because it's a Monday and so many things are closed. Do you guys have any thoughts or advice?
I'd like to find some kind of fun/interesting walking tour in Rome. Not necessarily a ghost walk, but something kind of along those lines. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Any advice at all would be very appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 12 Portugal
- 13 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 14 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 Budget campervans hire in Europe???
- 17 paris to london- day trip
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 20 10 Days in Austria
- 21 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 22 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 23 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 24 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 25 Christmas Markets 2017