We have not been to Italy for 8 years. We are meeting friends there in late Sept. (20-21) thru Oct. 8 who have never been there before. This is what they have suggested as an itinerary...Italy is part of a 5 week European trip for them...
9/20-23 Venice, then train to Rome
9/26-27 Rent car, travel to Amalfi Coast - Positano, Sorrento, Pompeii
9/28-10/1 Drive to Tuscany - various day trips...maybe base in Florence - see Lucca, Sienna, Pisa
10/2-5 Drive to Provence (they wanted to spend a few days there)
10/6-8 Drive to Milan and leave from Milan
Our questions are:
Do you think this is doable?
What, if any, changes would you suggest?
Any suggestions on where to base in Tuscany, in Provence and the Amalfi Coast and what town/sights to highlight.(Tuscany/train, Provence&Amalfi Coast/car)
Any suggestions on accommodations? We would like to have a central location, clean, and reasonably priced (how are the prices now - what would be realistic?) in Venice, Milan, Rome, Provence?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ROADRUNNER 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT ROADRUNNER Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 DELL PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT DELL Tec*h care 24/7
- 3 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 4 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 5 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 6 Advise Needed
- 7 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 8 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 land vs river cruise
- 11 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 12 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 13 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 14 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 15 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 16 Scotland ideas
- 17 Tips for first trip to UK
- 18 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 19 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 20 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 21 The World's Greatest Churches
- 22 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 23 Malaga Christmas lights
- 24 Portugal
- 25 Paris November 2017