We are soon embarking on our Italy trip. Thanks to you all so far that have contributed so much to help define the locations we are travelling to. However, with all of our accommodation and travel booked, we have embarked on booking some activities.
I would appreciate any advice people have on activities in the various locations we are staying. While the locations and dates themselves are locked in, as is all of the travel between, we have not locked in a lot of what we are going to do in each location. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Hopefully the formatting is retained here. As you can see, we sort of have a full 26 days on the ground, with some of those days being half days travelling (or slightly longer in the case of Ischia --> Rome).
1 Thu, June 11: Flying from Sydney
2 Fri, June 12: Arrive Rome, train to Salerno
3 Sat, June 13: Salerno (5 nights); pick up hire car
4 Sun, June 14: Salerno; visit Pompeii
5 Mon, June 15: Salerno; visit Herculaneum, Naples
6 Tue, June 16: Salerno; visit Paestrum + Buffalo mozzarella visit
7 Wed, June 17: Salerno; visit Vietri sul Mare, Rivello, Amalfi
8 Thu, June 18: Positano (2 nights); travel to Positano from Salerno and relax
9 Fri, June 19: Positano; relax
10 Sat, June 20: Capri (2 nights); Travel to Capri from Positano in morning
11 Sun, June 21: Capri
12 Mon, June 22: Ischia (2 nights); Travel to Ischia from Capri in morning
13 Tue, June 23: Ischia
14 Wed, June 24: Rome (5 nights); Travel to Rome via Naples in morning
15 Thu, June 25: Rome
16 Fri, June 26: Rome; Trastevere food tour in evening
17 Sat, June 27: Rome
18 Sun, June 28: Rome
19 Mon, June 29: Bologna (3 nights); Travel to Bologna in morning
20 Tue, June 30: Bologna; food tour (hopefully Italian Days)
21 Wed, July 1: Bologna
22 Thu, July 2: Venice (4 nights); Travel to Venice in morning
23 Frid, July 3: Venice
24 Sat, July 4 : Venice
25 Sun, July 5: Venice
26 Mon, July 6: Milan (3 nights); Travel to Milan in morning
27 Tue, July 7: Milan
28 Wed, July 8: Milan
29 Thu, July 9: Milan (fly at 10pm)
30 Fri, July 10: Flying to Sydney
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week May trip with kids
- 2 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 3 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 6 Arezzo - how much time?
- 7 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 8 New Years in France
- 9 Easter Week in Italy
- 10 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 15 Which Aran Island??
- 16 Spain or Portugal
- 17 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 18 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 19 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 20 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 21 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 22 9 day trip to France
- 23 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 24 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)