Hotels in Rome/Florence/Venice

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 04:47 PM
David

Hotels in Rome/Florence/Venice

Working with a travel agent for a trip to Italy this fall. She has suggested the following hotels. I would love to get some feedback from any veterans of these places before I decide.<BR><BR>Thank you for your help.<BR><BR>Rome: Hotel Sicilia<BR>Florence: Hotel Paris<BR>San Gimignano: Hotel Leon Bianco<BR>Venice: Hotel Giorgione

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Jayne

David<BR>I am off tomorrow to the Hotel Capri- Comfort Inn and V Cheap.<BR>Will let you know.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Leslie

You may have already made arrangements by now, but a friend and I stayed at the Hotel Giorgione last October and loved it. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the location was great--close to everything, but not overly touristy. There is a good restarant right around the corner called Il Sole.<BR><BR>E-mail me if you want more info, otherwise have a great trip to Venice!

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 01:45 PM
DebiC

Don't know if you still need an answer. We stayed at Hotel Paris in Florence. It was very nice, very large with a comfortable bed and a beautiful breakfast room. The hotel was two blocks from the Duomo, two blocks from the train station and perfect walking distance to everything else. I would recommend staying there.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Matthew Dyer

I can't find hotel Paris on foder's hotel list for florence, could you tell me how to find it, thanks<BR>

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:29 PM
DebiC

I booked it through www.venere.it but you can also find it through www.charmingitaly.com. Both sites have pictures. We stayed in early October last year.<BR>Good luck!<BR>

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:29 PM
DebiC

Sorry, that was for Hotel Paris in Florence.<BR>Debi