Italy in Nov & Dec

Dec 28th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Italy in Nov & Dec

Hello
I'm gettng married next November and my Fiance and I would love to go to Italy for our honeymoon. We are thinking about Cinque Terre, Tuscany region, more of the Northern region. There are a few concerns that we are having...I was wondering if anyone had some answers....it would be greatly appreciated

How cold does it get at the end of Nov? and is it raining? We heard that the weather is very comparable to NYC...at that time of the year...nothing that a warm coat won't fix...

Is it worth it for us to go and see this area this time of the year? (Fiance really wants to see the Tuscan vineyards but its obvious that it won't be possible that time of year)Should we wait to take our honeymoon in the beginning of April?

Thanks again
Dec 28th, 2005, 10:44 AM

We went to Tuscany this last november and had a couple days in the 60's and a couple days in the 50's.Only one day of rain.
It was greener and more lush than usual according to the staff at our fattoria as earlier the autumn had been mild with plenty of rain. Luckly for us I suppose. We enjoyed the lack of crowds (hardly any in San Gimignano) and the fresh olive oil and newly bottled vino.
I think whenever you go the weather is always iffy, but Italy is always wonderful. Enjoy!
Dec 28th, 2005, 10:49 AM

I wouldn't hesitate to go to Tuscany and other parts of Northern Italy, including Venice in November and December. I wouldn't however, visit Cinque Terre at that time of the year. The appeal of CT is the outdoors and the hiking and both would be unpleasant in any but nice weather. We were there in early October and one day was windy and rainy and not at all pleasant. If you are set on visiting CT, I'd wait until late April.
Dec 28th, 2005, 11:35 AM
ira

Hi S,

May I suggest splitting your time between Venice and a visit to Florence and Tuscany?

Best things about Italy in Nov are Porcini mushrooms and new olive oil.

Search this Thread