I need some help planning my trip to Italy.
I arrive in Naples on 25/12/15 from madrid around 5:30pm and I fly out of Venice back home to Mumbai, India at 2:30pm on 04/01/2016.
I intend to visit Rome , Florence, Pisa(day trip) and venice.
I have a few questions:
1) where should i celebrate the new year? I'll be traveling on a tight budget ,planning to stay in hostels .
I've checked out the bed prices in rome around that time and i find it to be quite expensive (50-70€ for a bed in a dormitory .. Too expensive).. I'm thinking of celebrating it in Florence.. Any suggestions ? .. I am not looking for a fancy diner .. Maybe have a couple of drinks with the locals , enjoy the fireworks and dance and make new friends.
2) i intend to pre book the train tickets as I'm getting promo fares at the moment. But I'm not sure if my itinerary is doable and its correct..
3) are the buses better than train cost wise and time wise ?
4) how cold will it be ? I'm not used to cold weather..
25/12 : arrive in naples
26/12: naples( Pompeii)
27/12-29/12 : rome
30/12-01/01: florence with day trip to pisa
1/1-3/1 : venice
4/1: flight back home from venice.
A bit about me :
I'm 27 years old, vegetarian (tips for good vegetarian food and restaurants in Italy) , i wouldn't mind skipping the museums .. Not a big fan of art and museums. I'm happy to stroll around and get lost walking streets and little towns along the way.
Thank you all so much in advance for the responses and taking the time to read my large post
Look forward to reading all your advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 4 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 5 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 6 land vs river cruise
- 7 10 days in europe
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 European honeymoon help needed
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Portugal
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 16 Where to stay in Naples?
- 17 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 18 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 19 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 20 Browsing Barcelona
- 21 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 22 Malaga Christmas lights
- 23 Croatia in mid/late October
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome