Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Italy Hotel Information (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/italy-hotel-information-102548/)

Brad Jan 27th, 2001 11:53 AM

Italy Hotel Information

My wife and I (a very young and active 70) are traveling with Grand Circle Travel to Italy from Feb 20 thru Mar 10. We are booked at the: Park Hotel dei Massimi in Rome; Hotel Bristol in Sorrento; GrandHotel Croce Di Malat in Montecantini Termi and then back to Rome again in the Hotel Nova Domus. Has anybody any information about these hotels? Would you recommend a top floor room or somewhere in any of them. We goofed in Spain once and got a room just above the lounge and although the music was nice, not particularly GREAT however at 3AM. Appreciate any help or advise. Thanks to all. Brad

richard j vicek Jan 27th, 2001 04:54 PM

Good evening, Brad <BR>Here is what information that I could <BR>find on your hotels, I have not stayed <BR>at any of these four but here is what <BR>was found, mostly on www.venere.it/ and <BR>www.italyhotels.it/ <BR>PARK HOTEL DEI MASSIMI, Largo V. Ambrosio, 9 is a four star hotel, no. <BR>of rooms? It is located approx.2,500 m <BR>from the Vatican almost atop of Monte <BR>Mario, states they have a shuttle bus <BR>available. If you want to go into <BR>Rome by yourselves, strongly suggest the <BR>use of a taxi, the hotels concierge can <BR>also assist you on any transportation problems, sometimes the tour guides are <BR>too busy to give you individual attentions. <BR>BRISTOL, via Capo, is a four star hotel <BR>with142 rooms and is located about 900 <BR>to 1000m west of Sorrento's city center <BR>the Pza. Tasso. <BR>CROCHE DI MALTA, viale 4Nov, 18 is a five star hotel with 122 rooms and located about 600m from the center the <BR>Pza Del Popolo. <BR>NOVA DOMUS, via G. Savonarola, 38, is <BR>a four star hotel and only a five minute <BR>walk south to the entrance of the Vatican Museum another 5 to 8 mins will <BR>take you to the Pza S. Pietro. <BR>Have normally asked for rear rooms if <BR>the hotel is on a busy street, if not <BR>front views can be much better and <BR>especially if you are not over a disco. <BR>Have a wonderful trip. <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, Il...

Brad Jan 27th, 2001 08:10 PM

Richard, we REALLY appreciate your response. We will certainly put the information to good use. Thanks Very Much. Happy Traveling. Brad

Kay Jan 27th, 2001 09:42 PM

Hi Brad, <BR>My husband and I did a 3 day tour from Rome to Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri and back. It was wonderful and we just loved the Hotel Bristol in Sorrento. We had a view to die for of the town and the coast - you must, must, must try and get a room with a view. The dining room and swimming pool (both on upper levels) have the same fabulous view. Service was good and it's a comfortable stroll into town. Enjoy! (Be very careful of the cars, buses, mopeds zooming past the hotel as you step out the front door to cross the road.) <BR>Kay

Brad Jan 28th, 2001 06:42 PM

Kay, THANKS for that wonderful suggestion about the Hotel Bristol. We will certainly try for a room with a view. Fodors people are still the best. Happy Traveling. Brad