Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Italy GTG in September (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/italy-gtg-in-september-639395/)

JenV Aug 15th, 2006 12:45 PM

Italy GTG in September

Any fellow fodorites interested in a GTG in early to mid September?, I have noticed many postings lately for travel during that time so here are my dates....
Sept. 6-7 Rome
8-11 Positano
12-16 Tuscany
17-18 Rome
Hope to see you in Italy!!
JenV

kismetchimera Aug 15th, 2006 01:30 PM

Too bad Jen..We are going in the same places but in different dates.
I leave Capri the 8th and depart Rome for Nice the 11th.
Have a safe trip,
Buon Viaggio..:)

LindaL Aug 15th, 2006 01:34 PM

Hi Jen. Our route is reverse of yours. We're going to Tuscany first then, Positano. We'll be there for 3 nights from Sept. 9-11. I'd enjoy having a GTG and maybe the other 3 ladies I'll be with might want to come. Keep me posted.

saps Aug 15th, 2006 01:35 PM

We (my new bride and I) will be in Positano Sept 5 - 11 and Rome 12 - 15.

Look for us...we will be the couple that
- Keeps looking at the strange money
- Wears shorts (god forbid)
- Wonders why you get vegetables after your meat dish
- Can't understand how wine is cheaper than Coke.
- Thinks it is cool that breakfast consists of lunch meat.

JenV Aug 15th, 2006 04:28 PM

Hi saps - you will have so much fun on your honeymoon, from a girl who is very happy about #4!!
Anyone else?

JenV Aug 15th, 2006 04:40 PM

LindaL, we could start with a tentative plan for drinks, say at the American bar at Buca di Bacco in Positano?
Jen

dutyfree Aug 15th, 2006 08:53 PM

I just put my scheduling bids in for September this morning and will not find out if I am in Rome until Aug. 21st but I bid to fly Rome every Tuesday-Thursday(will be there on Weds.) so count me in if I get the trips!

JenV Aug 15th, 2006 09:46 PM

Will do dutyfree, keep us posted.

Rachopickle Aug 16th, 2006 07:23 AM

Hi!
I'll be in Rome both days you're there. The 'drink' idea sounds great...although I'm not sure about the American bar ;) (I'm Canadian).

Rachael
[email protected]

JenV Aug 16th, 2006 08:22 AM

Rachopickle, the American bar is in Positano so no worries :-). Which days in Rome - the 6/7 or 17/18? We can definitely meet up for drinks, let me know which day is best and I will see what our schedule looks like.
Jen

bookchick Aug 16th, 2006 09:38 AM

I'll be in Rome from September 11th til the 19th (departing the morning of the 19th), staying as usual at the Hotel San Carlo. (From Sept 6th til the morning of the 11th, I'll be on Capri.)

Last time I was in Rome, I had the delightful fortune of meeting up with the beautiful and charming kismetchiara and her daughter and grand-daughter, so bring on the GTGs, I say!

BC

elba Aug 16th, 2006 09:59 AM

If you decide on a GTG on the 7th in Rome, we'd love to join you. I am traveling with a girlfriend.

JenV Aug 16th, 2006 10:50 AM

Elba, we can do dinner on the 7th in Roma - how about Trattoria Armando al Pantheon or Del Pallero? I am also traveling with a girlfriend.

Bookchick, Sunday Sept. 17th could work - it is our last night in Italy (boo). You pick the spot and we'll be there :-). I also have had 3 previous gtg's with fodorites - last year I met SusanP and Azure and the year before awbaker. All were wonderful evenings!

To kismetchimera, sorry we will miss you, have a lovely trip.

Jen

elba Aug 16th, 2006 11:16 AM

Dinner on the 7th is fine with us. I don't know the restaurants (they are on my list), so I'll go along with your choice.

SusanP Aug 16th, 2006 03:35 PM

Hi Jen, Sure wish I could meet you for dinner again. It was a lot of fun last year. I just started a new job, so don't have any vacation time yet, but I'm thinking of going over Thanksgiving for a very short trip or maybe over Xmas. Have a great time!

kismetchimera Aug 16th, 2006 07:45 PM

Grazie JenV. Have a great time in Rome.Dont forget to visit the Basilica of San Giovanni in Laterano, the Mother Church of Rome, I, my siblings and my two older children were baptized there.

BC, I will be in Capri the 6th also with Pina, my childhood Roman friend..We were the two Musketeers..Inseparable.:)

LindaL Aug 16th, 2006 08:34 PM

Hi Jen: American Bar sounds good. Let me know which night, what time, etc. We're staying at Villa Rosa. My e-mail is [email protected].

JenV Aug 17th, 2006 05:25 PM

Thanks for responding everyone!

Elba, dinner on the 7th it is. I am not sure about the restaurant - I loved Del Pallaro last year but it is fun to try new stuff too so that is why Trattoria Armando and Obika Mozzerella Bar are on my radar for this year. Does anyone have any comments as to which of these three would be the most fun for a gtg? My email is [email protected] if you would like to email me and also I will check this post prior to the 7th to confirm.

LindaL - so you're the reason I could not get a room at Villa Rosa this year :-) You are lucky! I have stayed there twice and love it, especially Marianna Caldiero, whose family owns the hotel. We are staying at the sister hotel Villa La Tartana. How about the 9th for drinks say 7:00?

Hi Susan, congrats on the new job! I will say ciao to your beloved city for you and hope you get back there soon.

Kismetchimera - I visited San Giovanni last year and it is amazing, how incredible to have been baptized there.

Jen

LindaL Aug 17th, 2006 07:14 PM

Hi Jen. 7:00 p.m. on the 9th sounds great. Can't wait to leave - carry on restrictions be damned!!

AmyKW Aug 18th, 2006 03:56 AM

Linda L,
I am staying at the Villa Rosa in Positano too! I will be there Sept. 6-10