I am flying from Athens to Rome in September. I have about 13 days to spend until my flight leaves from Milan to return home. This is my second trip to Italy, however, the fist one was very rushed with only 1 or 2 days in each city. This part of my trip is solo as my friend is leaving from Athens to go home. I would like to travel from Rome to Milan at a more leisurely pace. If anyone could recommend places to visit along the way and the best mode of transportation. I would like to visit some wineries as well. Im thinking of taking the train but am confused as to what type of ticket I should purchase and if it travels to the different Tuscany regions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 2 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 3 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 4 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 5 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 6 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 7 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 8 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 9 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 10 Barcelona to Malaga
- 11 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 12 Moscow Hotels
- 13 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 14 Packing Champagne
- 15 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 16 Manchester hotels
- 17 Visit to France
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 20 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 21 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 22 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 23 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 24 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 25 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey