I am happy to join the forums finally, though I've been reading a lot here and I very appreciate everyone's comments!
We are planning a trip to Italy for about 10 days, from end of January to beginning of February (2016).
We are looking for colorful towns to wander around their streets, their markets, absorb their views.
Venice and Verona are two of the towns we'd like to visit.
I can't seem to find other towns that aren't that far away, though we'd rent a car if needed.
I thought of Florence, but looking at the photos taken there, it looks pretty mono-colored where the grayish concrete dominates.
I read that Garda lake surrounding towns are quite abandoned during the winter, or perhaps I was missing something?
Are there similar towns as Venice and Verona which you could recommend?
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 2 two days in rome
- 3 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 4 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 5 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 6 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 7 Avignon
- 8 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 9 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 15 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 16 Budget trip
- 17 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 18 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 19 Favorite London memories
- 20 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 Provence Trip Report
- 23 8 months around Europe
- 24 Tentative Spain/France Basque region itinerary
- 25 9 Day Paris & Rome with Family