A few weeks ago I posted asking for suggestions and some of you were incredibly helpful.
At the point I was lookig for places to go and had no idea or focus of what I wanted. I got some amazing ideas and also some advice to find sights and activities and work my itinerary around that.
Quick summary: Me (28) and my great-aunt (71) going to Italy late July into August 2014. The only requirement is Brescia and Garda (to see family). The rest is open. We have varied interests, and she has seen many parts of Italy and I have only seen Venice, Brescia/Garda, Positano, and Rome. We are both very open to new experiences and want to see new things. IF it fits into the itinerary that we choose, we would like to use timeshare points somewhere.
My new question: Using the ideas and itineraries given to me, we kind of came up with this. I will include the reasons why...
Land in Venice
1 or 2 nights in Venice (only saw quickly, Aunt would like to see)
3 nights in Garda (my family's origin and visit family here)
3 nights in Brescia (more family, including my step-great-grandmother)
then it gets tricky:
3 nights in Camogli (seems like a great base and a quieter town)
1 night in Monaco (sounds weird I know but we both want this...)
3 nights in Menton or Nice (suggestions? We want to compare the rivieras)
3 nights in Alba (Love wine)
2 nights in Zermatt (I have a dream of paragliding here)
2 nights in Lucerne (just looks amazing)
fly out of Zurich.
Problem is, we would like to keep it to three weeks. I feel like this is too much, and too much moving. But i can't even begin to decide what to cut out! I am in the exact opposite position that I was in a few weeks ago....Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 2 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.
- 3 beware of robbed in Milan
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Which Area in London?
- 6 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 7 Barcelona - Rome Viking Ocean Cruise
- 8 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 9 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 10 What did your teenagers love the most of their Italy trip?
- 11 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 12 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 13 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 14 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 15 Current plan for March trip
- 16 First time in Spain
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Barcelona to Malaga
- 19 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 20 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 21 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 22 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 23 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 24 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 25 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris