I have been having a lovely time reading a million posts and trip reports here.
We are a family 2A2C who love to travel and are planning a trip to Italy next April/May. We will be gone for 5 weeks but one of those will be spent in Paris.
I can speak Italian (rusty though atm) and DH and I have visited Italy before many times pre-children. We have been building them up with domestic (Australian), Asian and USA travels but now we are ready for the 24 hour flight!!! gulp...
I would love some feedback and comments on the first draft of our itinerary please.
Fly into either Rome/Paris and open jaw out of the opposite. We are not worried about which direction we go but may prefer Rome first as Paris may be warmer at the end of the trip. It will depend on flights/times/points.
Rome 7 nights
pick up hire car from somewhere near where we are going to stay in Umbria, train from Rome to this place.
Umbria (thinking near Montone which is rural or Assisi in an apartment) if we stay rural we can drive around easier. 7 nights
Val d'Orcia 7 nights (will have car)
then I cannot decide (I mean I could easily holiday for 4 years and still not decide!!!) between 3 nights Bologna/4 nights Venice or whether to have 7 nights in Venice, or 3 nights Florence/4 nights Lucca...I am very open to suggestions.
Then we will fly to Paris for 7 nights. (this is the children's request).
We will stay in apartments and like to take our time exploring at our own pace and enjoying a place. We are not travelling to tick things off our lists, but to relish the things we choose to see and experience. Our children love to travel and love the exotic and food.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 European honeymoon help needed
- 5 Portugal
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Where to stay in Naples?
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 16 Browsing Barcelona
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna