A friend and I are going to Italy for 3 weeks, then flying to Barcelona for 5 nights and heading home after that.
Our current plan is to fly into Venice (tickets have been booked) and spend around 3 nights there, then our itinerary is simply to make it down to Rome, where we will then depart to Barcelona.
We have an idea of the places we want to see on the way down to Rome, but I would love to hear any suggestions or recommendations on cities or towns to visit, how long to stay for, or activities that are a must. We plan on doing a lot of eating, drinking, and walking around, museums, beaches, hiking, and are open to more!
After leaving Venice (3 nights), this is our plan;
Train to La Spezia- visit the Cinque Terre area (day trip or stay longer?)
Should we stop in Bologna as a base for 3 nights and make a day trip to Cinque Terre?
We also want to stop in Pisa, just to see the Leaning Tower.
Train to Florence (4 nights)- we want to get a good feel of Florence, but also want to take advantage of being in the Tuscany region
Train to Siena (2 nights) -maybe a day trip to Chianti?
Train to Rome (4-5 nights) lots of sightseeing, and also a bit of time to relax. Thinking about visiting Capri
Train to Naples (4 nights)- Visit Pompeii, maybe Sorrento, and spend a day on the Amalfi Coast(!!)
We arrive in Venice September 1st, with this itinerary of 19 days, we have 1-2 days to spare/or for mishaps before our flight to Barcelona.
Any Barcelona recommendations are also appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 2 Keukenhaf
- 3 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 4 Sleep at Heathrow
- 5 Arezzo - how much time?
- 6 South of London in March, ancient trees and Daffodils?
- 7 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 8 Netherlands- Texel
- 9 9 Day trip itinerary west and northern ireland
- 10 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 11 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 12 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 13 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 14 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 15 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 16 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 17 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 18 9 day trip to France
- 19 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 20 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 21 England
- 22 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 23 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 24 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 25 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg